For my next project for corporate imagery, we had to come up with some sort of packaging for our product. Since mine is a non-profit for water conservation and the like, products are not an abundant forthcoming. I opted out for creating a design for a reusable tote to bring along to rallies or even to promote WFA at your local supermarket (or better yet farmer’s market!) It was pretty simple, so I designed a few buttons to add that little bit extra pizazz.

This was my screen before I refined it a bit more. I painted it with screen filler because I was afraid of trying photo emulsion, but next time I’m just going to suck it up and try using that for any more complex patterns I come up with. This took me forever to make, and there were a lot of mistakes. 

This was the first experiment hung out on the clothesline to dry.

I’ll post the final bag and buttons I created once I can shoot them with my nice camera. Well, here is one of them. I played around a little bit with the logo.

I finally finished it! I’ll post more pictures once I receive it after critique. I received many weird looks when I was working on the cover in the print lab, but its supposed to be eye catching. But the black board cover was a pain, figuratively and literally. I cut my finger in the process but Winnie the Pooh bandaids were on hand so all is well. 

Lesson learned: always make sure the blade is fresh when cutting mat board.

As far as my logo goes, I’ve gotten better feedback for the one that had a lighter weight in the letters. The asterisk is supposed to reference a water handle, and the drop formation is to give the idea of spreading out water.

I’ve been playing around quite a bit with the actual logo, but I decided on the above. Although it is similar to a flower, it can also be read as growth and health which are two major goals.

I thought that I would show off some of my workspace, since I pretty much avoid using the normal white space. Pretty messy. But that’s just how I work, physically and digitally.

And I thought I’d through this in, because I made it when I needed to take a step away from the logos. I can see it in black velvet under a black light. 

This is my wordmap for coming up with my company’s name and possible purpose.