I just realized I never posted my final system for the Wishy Washy project. Wishy Washy is a fictional non-profit that promotes proper hygiene skills for children. They teach games and songs to help kids remember the proper amount of time to wash their hands, and other skills that can be overlooked. 

I wanted the poster to seem whimsical for an appeal to children, but not be obnoxious enough so that adults won’t be bothered by seeing it. The lanyards implemented extra security for the workers identification, since they would be touring in elementary schools, daycare centers, and any other place that house small children. I definitely wanted to make security of the children a major priority. The tags for children emphasize their names so that the workers can call the children by their name easily to make the child feel more special. The tshirts I came up with have the alphabet printed on them backwards, so that when a child is washing their hands, it will appear the correct way when reflected in the mirror in the bathroom. Its a little reminder to sing through their ABC’s while washing in order to do so the proper amount of time.

There are lots of little details, so I apologize for posting so much about this. It was just one of my favorite projects!

For my Graphic Design 2 course, we had to create a magazine layout for an article and fit it accordingly to Good Magazine. They are well known for stunning infographs, so the project had to emphasize that aspect. I based mine off of a pull quote about how terror alerts would come with an expiration date, like a gallon of milk. I found it to be rich with imagery and based my infograph off of that. I just wish I knew how to use the 3-D perspective tool at the time, since adjusting each and every aspect on the milk carton took forever. 

These are some stamps I created for a project in which we had to create under the context of a particular subject.

Two of my designs for the island nation of Nevis. I couldn’t decide between the two.

A dvd cover for ‘Cows with Guns’ by Dana Lyons. Definitely played around with this one, and I was figuring out the brush tool on Adobe Illustrator. 

(Source: cowswithguns.com)

This is a poster I was assigned to create for the ‘Threepenny Opera’ by Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill. I definitely made use of the extensive type collection the labs at school have.

This project was supposed to be a redesign of currency. I played off of foreign currency and used some of their better parts as inspiration. This was the most I had ever played with stock images in my work, so its a little sloppy. However, I put a lot of thought into the project by creating gradients and a custom logo for the money.

I started working on creating a new typeface for an assignment. I had fun with it, and it was refreshing to make something so simple.

This was an assignment in which we were supposed to create a poster for Bobby Darin.

Lanyard tags for a Wishy Washy event. The two are alternates for what the children and workers will wear. I made extra security cautions on the workers for the children’s safety.

Several poster variations for the fictional non-profit group Wishy Washy. It is geared towards children. I’m still deciding as to which works best. Several poster variations for the fictional non-profit group Wishy Washy. It is geared towards children. I’m still deciding as to which works best. Several poster variations for the fictional non-profit group Wishy Washy. It is geared towards children. I’m still deciding as to which works best. Several poster variations for the fictional non-profit group Wishy Washy. It is geared towards children. I’m still deciding as to which works best.

Several poster variations for the fictional non-profit group Wishy Washy. It is geared towards children. I’m still deciding as to which works best.

Graphic I designed for the Aztek-18 team at M-Juniors Volleyball Club. It is going on their team shirts.

34 page Delegate Handbook I created for the non-profit group MSUMUN XI. They printed out 650 copies.

Progression on my logos.

Color experiments for my pictograms. I chose the light blue style on the far right. Color experiments for my pictograms. I chose the light blue style on the far right.

Color experiments for my pictograms. I chose the light blue style on the far right.